Pay your rates and water

Pay by Credit Card

You can make your payment by Mastercard or Visa card by selecting your bill type below:

Please use your 'customer reference number' and not your assessment number.



  • Use BPAY to pay your rates and water from your cheque or savings account.

    • Quote biller code 125658 for rates plus the reference number shown on your rates notice.
    • Quote biller code 125666 for water along with the reference number shown on your water notice.

    The reference number will contain between 5 and 6 numbers and is located on the bottom right of your notice.

    Provided you have sufficient funds, the payment will be processed and you will be issued a receipt number from your banking institution for payment. 



Call 02 6746 1755 to pay your rates and water accounts over the phone. 

 This service is available Monday to Friday, 8:30am until 4:30pm.

We accept Mastercard or Visa.

By post

You can mail your cheque or money order payable to Liverpool Plains Shire Council, together with the detachable deposit slip portion of the rates notice, to:

Liverpool Plains Shire Council

PO Box 152


In person

Council's Customer Service Centre

Pay your rates in person at Councils Customer Service Centre at 60 Station Street, Quirindi.  We accept payments by cash, cheque or you may use your debit or credit card. 

  • Please present your rates notice when making payment.
  • Office hours:  Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. 
Australia Post

Pay by cash, cheque or debit card at any Australia Post office. 



To pay in full for the 2023/24 financial year, payment is due on or before 31 August.

To pay by instalments, the due dates for quarterly payments are:

  • 31 August
  • 30 November
  • 28 February
  • 31 May

 We will send you an instalment notice one month before payment is due. 


If your quarterly payment is not paid in full by the due date interest will accrue on the outstanding amount. 

To avoid paying interest charges, please ensure your payment reaches Council by the due date shown on your notice.  If you are paying by mail, you should make allowances for postage time.