Road closures

Road Closure Permits

Council is responsible for the whole of the road reserve and persons working within the road reserve are obligated to obtain approval before undertaking any work within the reserve. This relates not only to work on the road pavement but any area of the road reserve, including footpaths and nature strips. 

To obtain approval to work within the road reserve persons must apply for a Road Closure Permit from Council as well as a Section 138 request.  The completion of Section 138 form seeks council approval to work in, on or over a public road. These applications will be assessed by the relevant staff for conformity with Council policy and standards of work. 

 Further information is available from Council's Infrastructure and Environmental Services team on (02) 6746 1755.