Audit, risk and improvement committee
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee (ARIC) is an advisory committee that promotes good corporate governance and provides independent assurance and assistance to the General Manager and elected Council on:
- Risk management;
- Fraud control;
- Financial management;
- Implementation of the Integrated Planning and Reporting (IP&R) framework;
- Service reviews;
- Collection of performance management data by Council; and
- Any other matters prescribed by legislation.
The ARIC meets at least four times each year.
You can read more about the ARIC's role and responsibilities in the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee Charter.
There are five members of the ARIC, comprising three independent external members and two Councillor representatives.
The three independent external members are appointed by Council for a three-year term. The current independent external members are:
- Mr Michael O'Connor, Chairperson;
- Ms Trish Kirkland, Deputy Chairperson; and
- Mr Tony Harb.
The two Councillor representatives are appointed by Council for a one-year term. The current Councillor representatives are:
- Cr Donna Lawson; and
- Cr Terry Cohen.